Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Mom Can You Fill Up The Pool Today?

    When I was a kid there seemed like no greater summer fun than when Mom filled up this silly little plastic pool they bought at Simpson Sears (way better than running through the sprinkler). We were the only family on the block that had one so it was quite a big deal--all the kids would come over to cool off. I remember the smell of the water as Mom would stick the garden hose in it in the morning and we had to, "Wait till it warmed up a bit" until we could use it. The bubble burst (and the side of the pool) when Ross Fullbrook took a running slide into it--instant heartbreak. We never got another one but I do remember being super jealous of  kids that had one of those giant above ground pools.

     I think there was "boys" and "girls" turn..








Sis and I cooling down pre-pool..


2 comments:

Lianne said...

I have to find my picture of me and my friends in the exact same pool. Ah the 60s -- gotta love them.

Dan Johnson said...

Good simple times..

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin